Re: [colorforth] an observation

> I've noticed the number of returns far outweigh the ocurance of fall
> through. Notationally, it would be more efficient to make return implicit
> and fall through explicit. In this case red words would denote the ending
> and begining of definitions, also 'then' would compile a return and the
> null token would as well.

I often make use of constructs such as this:

  condition IF optionalAction THEN requiredAction

I was considering re-introducing ELSE into my interpretation of the language,
like this:

  condition IF action1 ELSE action2

where ELSE is defined more or less like this:

  COMPILER
  : else   postpone exit postpone then ;

So basically, THEN would permit conditional fall-through, while ELSE provides
true alternation.  It also makes more sense from an English reading
stand-point, I think.

> Is this a good idea or a trivial variation? I think it would reduce errors

I think it could potentially be a good idea, personally.  One could use an
ellipsis ('...') to flag the compiler, "and then, I want you to do this..."
Example:

: 256* 4* ...
: 4* 2* 2* ;

--