Re: [colorforth] General Colorforth Help

Hi Simon,

I'm not an ATI guru, so I cannot answer i) and ii)

| iii) On some of the adapted versions of Colorforth the program is put
together by assembling color.asm and
| then affixing something like color.blk to it. This made me think that if I
am trying to assemble the original
| source from colorforth.com (i.e. color.asm, gen.asm, boot.asm) then the
resulting color.com is missing
| something to run properly.

In WIn version blocks.bin represent "memory", starting with block 18 --
first, you cannot easily access all addresses from 0 to FFFFFFFF under
Windows, second, the file is mapped into memory in r/w mode, so all the
changes you make get saved immediately -- you won't lose your work because
of any crash. But this all is Windows-specific, so you should not worry
about iii) :).

I wonder why noone tries to switch into graphical mode in real mode using
int 10h, then map A000:0000 into some protected mode address and get rid of
those problems. I do not have time to do it myself, but I can give pieces of
old (circa) 286 PM code which works with video (text mode only, much has
been stuff lost since then).

BR,
Roman