Re: [colorforth] General Colorforth Help

Hi Simon,

A few months ago I went through exactly the same exercise with roughly the
same results. I was using an old Compaq Armada (P1-133). I could hack the
boot.asm code to write test message to the PC's boot screen but as soon as
the display mode was set to 114h, the whole thing either hung or rebooted. I
did once set a single pixel before it hung :-)

I then read that Compaq used some non-standard BIOS routines but could find
*nothing* more about them, so I gave up (That and work got very busy again)

I've programmed lots of DSPs but not Intel machines. Sorry I can't help
other than to offer cheering from the sidelines. I did manage to get Sean
Pringle's Enth to run.

Mark Jeffree