Re: [colorforth] DOES> How is colorForth different from other Forths?

On Sunday 14 December 2003 11:05 pm, Jeff wrote:
> In my experience, such changes are never localized. What if a member
> was a byte and now needs to be a word? There is far more work to be
> done than simply incrementing some address offsets. Loads, stores,
> etc all need to be updated.

Since I properly factor out all software which references various
structure fields, it IS localized for my software.

One basic rule of XP that equally applies to Forth: if you do it once,
fine.  If you do it twice, you should get concerned.  If you do it
thrice, factor!

:)

--
Samuel A. Falvo II