Re: [colorforth] colorForth for Windows -- qwerty and DLLs

Hi John,

Thank for kind words about my work.

> First I'd make Dworvak mode "default" and
> QWERTY mode "scroll-lock" if it were up to me.

I'd agree with you, but guess how many people
will claim they couldn't turn QWERTY mode on :)
So, it was a political decision.

I decided to make it work with qwerty after Frederic's letter

= Frederic Dubois wrote on 2003-12-09 under subject "Some constructive
criticism" =
The unusual keyboard layout probably shows some important
concepts or techniques but IMO it also makes it not for everyone, but for
anyone seriously interested in it. I regret that the mainstream Forth
program discards CF that I consider the state-of-the-art of Forth, just
because it is too hard to type something in. I bet CF would become
instantaneously popular with a standard QWERTY layout.

So, let's see if Frederic was right :)

It took me about 2 hours to get used back to qwerty layout in cf, for _me_
it's more convenient ,
though my the first computer had Cyrillic JCUKEN layout :)

> More bothersome is the fact that I couldn't
> get the screen navigation in "edit" mode

Can you describe in more details? Navigation is the same as before -- this
part was not changed,
QWERTY is on for alpha/numeric "boards" -- "M" for prev block, "/" for the
next and other keys --
at least, it works on two computers. Please let me know if you still
experience this problem.

BR,
Roman