Re: [colorforth] colorForth for Windows -- qwerty and DLLs

--- "Roman Pavlyuk (personal)" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Thank for kind words about my work.

Your welcome.

> > First I'd make Dworvak mode "default" and
> > QWERTY mode "scroll-lock" if it were up to me.
>
> I'd agree with you, but guess how many people
> will claim they couldn't turn QWERTY mode on :)
> So, it was a political decision.

Well you have a point there.  Another language/
system that I use alot is Oberon.  They've made
changes over the years that's given it more of
a "mainstream" interface.  One thing that was
frustrating early on was that all of the commands
where launched with the middle mouse button.
There was a work around if you only had a two
button mouse, but you could read that because
until you first figured out how the scrollbars
worked!  :)

> I decided to make it work with qwerty after
> Frederic's letter

<snip>

> So, let's see if Frederic was right :)

I can definitely see some usefullness to the idea.
I'm thinking of writing a program for my wife's
research using ColorForth.  QWERTY would likely
make such an "end user" program better received.

> Can you describe in more details? Navigation is the
> same as before -- this
> part was not changed,
> QWERTY is on for alpha/numeric "boards" -- "M" for
> prev block, "/" for the
> next and other keys --
> at least, it works on two computers. Please let me
> know if you still
> experience this problem.
>
> BR,
> Roman

Navigation indeed works as you've described when I
am in "QWERTY" mode, but when I switch back to
Dworvak mode the navigation keys ("M" and "/") no
longer work.

Regards,

John M. Drake