[colorforth] Introductory ColorForth Manual (was Re: DOES> How is colorForth different from other Forths?)

On Sunday 25 January 2004 03:58 am, Nick Maroudas wrote:
>   Oops! my mistake.  One third of 13 would be less than 5 pages, but
> info from Chuck's actual homepage downloads to more than 16 pages.  I
> have just printed out all those sections again:  Instructions, Early
> Binding, Preparsed Words, Characters, Source Code (about source being
> all there is in CF, not the actual code), Homekeys, Status,
> Philosophy, In Case of Difficulty, User Guide, Programmers Guide.
> Sorry, I was judging from memory - but it now appears that Chuck has
> already written more than a 13 page manual.  So should some of us
> revise our proposed contribution upward - say to 130?

No.  20 perhaps, but not 130.

I believe there is much duplication and material on the site not directly
relavent to learning how to use ColorForth (e.g., philosophy, status,
etc.), and could either be left in a separate document, or can be used
as an appendix.

It might be fun and instructive to attempt a more comprehensive users
manual some time.  I wish I had that kind of time though.  As it is, I
work 25 hours at one job, 15 at another (thus totaling 40 hours, without
all the benefits.  :( ), plus going to school to earn my Physics degree.
Ouch.  :/

If I do undertake this, and I remember, it'll have to be during summer
break period.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II