Re: Re: [colorforth] DOES> How is colorForth different from other Forths?

From: Mark Slicker <maslicke@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>On Sat, 24 Jan 2004, Samuel A. Falvo II wrote:
>It is good for the share holders. That is what I meant
>by success. You seem to to take success as having
>better products.

Read his post again -- he didn't originally use the term
"success". He used "higher revenues". In the post you're
replying to, he specified everything in terms of dollars.

I don't know how you're reading him to be talking about
"better products".

>Maybe an Applications/OS break up would do that,
>maybe not. If seperate companies could possibly
>yield greater profits, why would they not do this?

Some companies have. It's relatively rare, but it's
happened. The problem isn't money, it's control. And
fear. And frankly, they're making money NOW, even if
it's not as much as they might want; any change would
seem to be a risk, while a lack of change would seem
to not be a risk.

> Mark

-Billy