Re: [colorforth] Low res or low color ColorForth

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Mark Slicker wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Feb 2004, John Drake wrote:
>
> > But I was wondering the
> > feasibility of running ColorForth in general on
> > lower resolutions and/or color depths.  I guess
> > I'm wondering if I attempted to do this would it
> > require me to do a major overhaul.
>
> colorForth does not have a very involved connection with graphics
> hardware. If you can provide a frame buffer like interface, and simple
> primitives (gen.asm), it should not be too much work. There are a few
> source changes that are required as well.
>
> I would think the main work would be in adapting fonts for a much lower
> resolution.

I have thought about that. Skipping each third (second line) and
within a line each third (second) bit is easy enought and should
result in bearable characters.

The TEX system has Metafont. This allows to generate fonts in
about each size you might want. What remains is the problem to
decipher it and get it into colorforth.

> Mark
Groetjes Albert

--