Re: [colorforth] convergence

On Friday 05 March 2004 06:58 pm, Eric Laforest wrote:
> Also, I'm almost done (hopefully) a Machine Forth-like setup for the
> 6502. 99 primitives written, a few more to go, then I get onto the

This is amusing, considering the 6502 only has 62 opcodes (according to
Western Design Center).  :-)

I've examined the machine architecture of the 6502, and well, it's not
really conducive to MachineForth concepts.  SOME things apply, but
compared even to x86, it really is most happy with a more traditional
Forth implementation, I think.  This is largely due to the fact that
virtually every 6502 instruction affects the CPU flags.  It makes things
difficult sometimes.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II