RE: [colorforth] To kernel, or not to kernel

Hi Chuck,

Of course! I'm not used to this additional degree of freedom - choosing when
each part of the system exists.

This begs the question - what should go in the kernel, and what should not?

Maybe I have been going in the wrong direction when I took common words out
of applications and moved them into the source-loaded part of the kernel. An
example is 1@ which was used by several apps, sometimes under a different
name.
My instinct was to move such words to the kernel.

There was a thread on comp.lang.forth about how much people hated the
snippets of hex used to define "assembler" macros. I think there was an
assumption that all assembler macros should be collected together into an
Assembler, not scattered amongst the code.

I like the concept of each application being self-contained and the kernel
being as small as possible - very Forth-like.

Regards

Howerd