Re: [colorforth] Low res or low color ColorForth

--- Chuck Moore <chipchuck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'd like to report my latest progress. Not in the
> direction some of you are
> wishing.

Hello Chuck,

I appreciate you taking the time to do this.  For
the record I'm not wishing you go in any direction
other than what you need for your work.  For
instance from the little I know about OKAD II it
is graphicly intensive.  But I was wondering the
feasibility of running ColorForth in general on
lower resolutions and/or color depths.  I guess
I'm wondering if I attempted to do this would it
require me to do a major overhaul.

> I finally retrieved my colorForth MASM source code,
> lost in a laptop crash a
> year ago. (Yep, my colorForth was stable for a
> year.)
>
> I recompiled with 3 significant changes:
>
> * Increased Forth dictionary size from 1024 to 2048.
> The AAD24 chip compiled
> by OKAD defines more than 1024 words. I was amazed,
> though Jeff Fox tells me
> that's not large for Forth systems.

Thanks for the info.  This is the first I'd heard
the name AAD24.  I take it this is your latest chip
project?  Does 24 stand for "24 bits" or "24
processors"?

Regards,

John M. Drake