Re: [colorforth] To kernel, or not to kernel

Frédéric DUBOIS <frederic.dubois@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote...

>I think it is the role of the kernel to hold the definitions common to your
>apps. Then it can harbor the utility apps you want at your fingertips, too.

I'd rather see the kernel harbor just enough code to bring up the virtual
machineForth, and nothing else. With all other code as "high-level"
source, including colorForth itself, not only would colorForth be far
more versatile (and better documented than it is), it would be far easier
to move code to any platform just by reimplementing the hardware abstraction.

-- Art