Re: Re: [colorforth] DARPA takes aim at IT sacred cows

From: Oninoshiko <oninoshiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 wtanksleyjr@xxxxxxx wrote:
>>The current problem with BT is that getting the last part
>>of a file is very slow, because many people turn off their
>>clients as soon as the download completes, so there
>>are few sources for the last parts of a file.

>correction, BT transmits the parts of the files in
>a randome order, so you are as likly to find the last
>parts as the first parts

Not true -- because random or not, you're only going to
recieve last blocks from people who already got them. And
a large number of those people get 'em and hang up
(definitely more than the people who get and send the first
block!).

[talking about the OSI 7-layer-burrito model:]
>which cross over. IMNSHO we sould devide it into what
>is acculay there, and stop filling students minds with
>sensless drivel

We'll have to understand the problem first. So, who's going
first? Let's see the network re-implemented in the spirit
of Forth!

> Oninoshiko

-Billy