Re: [colorforth] TCP State Engine

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004, Samuel A. Falvo II wrote:

> On Thursday 15 April 2004 05:38 pm, Mark Slicker wrote:
> > I find offensive the encroachment of comp.lang.forth reasoning.
>
> Where in my post does it reak of CLF reasoning?  Nowhere, that's where.

Please, examine the context. I think you have a problem with context. Also
notice I say the encroachment of comp.lang.forth reasoning. I've been
here from the begining, I would like this list to mantain a positive
direction, which has for the most part.

> > Mindless speculation and observations, arguments to limit the use of
> > Forth or what Forth can be, trying to frame a person in a certain
> > light and all other sorts fallacious reasoning. If you did not intend
>
> Again, you completely miss my point.  Did I not say, "All problems are
> trivial, if you let go certain basic assumptions?"  In other words,
> eliminate non-problems?  Is that not *precisely* what Chuck advocates?
> If not, PLEASE correct me for sure, once and for all, so that I can
> discard my collection of CM videos.

All problems are not trivial. If this it is the case why have we not seen
more code from you? You should be coding circles around everyone including
Chuck.

> > to associate me with all these ideas of what a web browser should be,
> > why bring it up at all? I am the only one here, besides perhaps Chuck,
> > who has expressed interest in a web browser.
>
> I would love to see a Forth web browser.  I gave my vision of how it
> would be architected too (I bet you didn't catch that, either, but I
> digress).  I think many here would agree.  A quick search through this
> list's archives reveals at least two or three people who have asked
> about such progress (often associated with posts on FML).
>
> Mark, this is not the first time you have completely miscomprehended what
> I believe to be plain-as-day English language text.  I find it is
> becoming a problem.  Several people on this list also participate in the
> #forth group on FreeNode, and have voice similar concerns.

To these people: please come forward, I will address your concerns. I
won't try to pretend I didn't say things however.

> If this continues, I'm afraid I'll be forced to leave this list.  I
> neither have the time nor the patience to defend every single post I
> make, pro or con, against any point, in any conversation in which you
> are participating.

If what continues? If I am the problem I should leave, doesn't everyone
agree? If I am the problem please come forward and say so.

Mark