Re: [colorforth] Realtek Ethernet driver

The FIFO buffer is an intermediate step. Once a threshold is met the
packet is transfered by the realtek card from the FIFO to host (main)
memory. This operation is enabled by setting a bit in the Command
Register on the realtek chip, and is independent of whether interupts are
enabled either on the CPU or the realtek chip.

The interrupt is used for signaling. Chuck has enabled the ROK (Recieve
OK) interupt, which will signal when a packet has succesfully been
recieved to host memory.