[colorforth] Event: Tim Neitz - A demonstration in ColorForth Arrays and Jump Tables

Dear group,

Thursday, 11am GMT, NOV 26 2004
( -- turkeyday for those in the U.S. that's 3am Pacific time or 6am Atlantic )
( thats noon in Scandinavia ( where Tim is) \ Rome and 10pm out by you
fridge (gmt+11)
- you know who you are :- ) ).

Our eminant friend, Tim Neitz, of multitasking colorforth fame,
( newest version is mtcf.blk 09 at
http://www.dnd.utwente.nl/%7Etim/colorforth/ )
will be hosting a discussion and will be trying with earnest to
get me to understand Arrays and Jump Tables in colorforth.

He will be providing several simple examples,
which he will send to me to be html-ized for your perusal.
The location of the html code, which will then be posted to Tims archive,
will be announced as soon as it is completed - if you want to get a jump
on the discussion.

The discussion takes place in the IRC chat room on "irc.freenode.net
/join #c4th"
at the time above.
This chat room is logged instantly at
http://herkamire.com/jason/colorforth_channel_logs,
so, don't worry too much if you can not attend, you can't miss anything.

Tim will only have 90 minutes alloted to the discussion, so if you
have questions, either get there on time, or mail them to me now and I
will ask them for you. Of course, many of us are in the off topic chat
( /join #c4th-ot ) most every hour of every day now, and you can ask
your questions there, after the event, if you wish.

I will also post the html-ed code and the edited chat to this mailing
list a few days later.

I hope you will attend, your input is always appreciated.
If you have a running colorForth and would like to see an example of a
jumptable array now,
look at the ASCII converter (on many colorforths block 48 ). If that
doesn't leave you asking questions then you should attend to help
answer those who have them :-).

Warmest Regards.
Ray St. Marie

ps..Please, limit the things discussed on the #c4th chat to colorforth
topics only -- this is a service provided to you at no cost to you by
Herkamire.com and should not be abused. The off topic channel is
#c4th-ot and we are talking about everything from wavelets to omlets
everyday.
If you don't IRC yet -- don't worry, you will be able to surf to the
log or get the edited event here.

--
Rastm2 At users dot sourceforge dot net
Ray.StMarie AT gmail DOT com