Re: [colorforth] Re-connecting

set a large section of disk aside for 'data' make a table of tthousands of
entries so you can never run out and asign each one a starting block number
and a size. search for a space big enough and record something there, free
the entry when it is deleted (data is still there so it can be recovered).
that should be an adequate enough file system. every time a change is made
you save the table out (how big should it be ... ?) you could give each one
a 'filetype' and write countless different programs for managing them and
filtering them in different ways. they should map to blocks and consectutive
disk sectors to make it fast and simple. 1000x faster than windows and in
kilobytes of code! you dont need folders or anything - do that kind of
organization stuff in other apps and store the orginization data in a file.
(because files don't ever move you can do this efficiently, index into it
rather than searching.)

5 words - name
1 word - type (w/ 'used' flag)
1 word - block/sector?
1 word - size
8 cells -> 32 bytes -> 10000 entries -> 320k
modern hard drives can store 320k in a split second.
back up the table to floppy now and then maybe?
overwritten file that is bigger than the original? make a new one and mark
the old one as freed. we have gigabytes to spare.