Re: [colorforth] USB one handed Keyboard

Quoting Terry Loveall <loveall@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Has anyone tried a true 'hacker' style keybozrd input? 6 micro-switches:
> two for the thumb (one strobe, one mouse), 4-bit encoded ASCII, one byte
> input for two strobes. Two acceleromters give X-Y on tilt. Mount them on a 5
> or 6 inch piece of PVC pipe and mold to fit with Playdough (bake to set).
>
> Regards,
> Terry Loveall
>
> Nick here:
> Thanks for the idea.  That's 3 keys less than my favorite 9-key keyboard in
Forth with octal base and octal-coded ASCII.  And your 2 nibbles of hex-coded
ASCII needs one stroke less than my 3-digit octal ASCII. I never understood why
people sending DMS text messages don't switch to ASCII hexcodes (which are a
simple numerical sequence, just like the alfabet we all learned at school)
rather than straining to poke them in with those dinky little pencils on
ever-smaller telefone pads.

Personally, I look forward to a future of tiny keyless computers, that recognize
spoken Forth - because Forth is words.  (And Color Forth is coloured words?  Or
pitched words as in sing-song languages, like Chinese and Swedish?
Jeff pointed the way by putting his computer inside his mouse:  so why not give
the mouse ears for instructions etc, and reserve its accurate trackball
facility for drawing diagrams?

Don't get me wrong:  I also think that a two-handed keyboard with plenty of
footpedals and a thousand keys would be highly desirable - for musicians.

Regards

Nick