Re: [colorforth] New Linux 4word

On 4/20/05, Chris Walton <chris.r.walton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [snip]

> I printed this email and hung it on my wall. Twice.
>
> --
> Chris Walton
> arke on irc.freenode.net

Chris, how kind of you to say. I'm not sure all will agree, afterall,
they are really real programmers and would know all the reasons that I
am ignorant of.

But, I did just notice something about myself.

I work daily with the worlds most important inventions.

The most ancient one...
( caster wheels being the second most important and ancient invention
after fire ( maybe we had wheels first?!?), ( wheels are really
levers, after all, and so are all the other of the 6 basic machines.)

And the most important one... global computer community!

This community has the potential to lay the basis of a truely new
paradigm shift. An extention of the "idea" of colorforth means that
the devices in your computer become more interface-able ( is that a
word? surely not. )  What we need is pressure on the manufaturers of
our devices to give us an interface that we can handle with-out
millions of lines of prophilactic software. So far, these manufactures
have been sheilded by complexity in and of operating systems.

What happens when the OS is no longer necessary? That's good devices,
worth paying for, and that's great colorforth.

ray again yikes twice in one day ;)

--
Ray St. Marie
Rastm2ATusersDOTsourceforgeDOTnet