Re: [colorforth] Source code and Chuck Moore

On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 05:55:26PM -0400, Roger Levy wrote:
> I have two Forth related questions.  Actually, the first one is really a
> request.  I'm looking for links to Forth source code written by the
> "sensei's" - i.e. either Chuck Moore himself or people like Jeff Fox.  I've

Most or all of the code in the blocks of colorforth is written by Chuck.

http://www.colorforth.com/install.html allows you to download
COLOR.COM. Despites its name it consists largely of blocks of source
code.

You may view screens, even if you don't have colorforth running
by the tool  cf2html .
This is a wonderful tool that converts screens to a html file that
can be viewed in full color. It is anonymous, so I had to use
google to find out where I got it from:
  http://www.dnd.utwente.nl/~tim/cf2html

Googling further I see that Mark Slicker is probably the author
        http://www.oakland.edu/~maslicker/colorforth
This link has not the convenience of a binary.

You need all the files in the directory, and it runs on Linux.
After you have done
        cf2html COLOR.COM x.html
you can view x.html with any browser, even after transporting the
file to a Windows system.

The first blocks look weird, as they are code or character icons,
not real colorforth blocks.

<SNIP>

> Roger

<SNIP>