[colorforth] Attempt to reassemble colorforth: the Mark Slicker bug

Hoi Folks,

I believe I am now in a position to reassemble colorforth.
Surely I can reassemble to exact the same COLOR.COM, but that is
not useful in itself.

As a first attempt to do something useful, I have tried to
remove the bug that was recently pointed out by Mark Slicker.
(And that took me so long to understand.)

Small as this change is, it involves a change in quite some
code addresses, which affects large parts of the executable,
but a change of data addresses is still largely circumvented.

Unfortunately, I can't run the original COLOR.COM that this is
based on. So I would ask for someone who can run the original
COLOR.COM to try out the changed version COLOR-BG.COM and report
back what happens. (I got kind of stuck with Howards colorforth,
then decided to start with the version from www.colorforth.com.)

It is available through anonymous ftp from
        ftp://80.100.243.19/pub/colorforth/ms-bug.zip

(Log in as anonymous or ftp. Most browser do this automatically.)

Apart from the colorforth this archive contains the source,
a difference-file, and the assembler/disassembler with a
script to assemble (on a Linux machine).

Note that the colorforth screens are still represented as
reassemblable hex dumps. But the icons look nice, I think.
The undiffed source is straight from the disassembler/crawler
colorcm-1-37.dis. So be prepared to find some strange things.

Groetjes Albert

albert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://home.hccnet.nl/a.w.m.van.der.horst