[colorforth] colorForth under Qemu

To answer my own question, I have got my modified 800x600 colorForth to _run_
under qemu-0.7.0. Won't boot 'cause the qemu emulated floppy interface is not
set up at fd chip level. Probably would work if the floppy I/O was BIOS based.

Instead, I have a bare DOS boot image with just io.sys, msdos.sys, command.com
and c4.com. Tell qemu to boot this floppy image and when it comes up to a DOS
command line, execute c4.com. This loads into memory and then copies 64k to
address 0 and runs colorForth, so the floppy I/O is never used.

You have 64k of colorForth and block screens. The 'alt' key used is the _left_
alt key. Aside from that and not being able to write to floppy, colorForth
works just fine.

External debugging with gdb is supported thru a remote port. Start qemu with a
'-s' option and you can fire up gdb and halt colorForth in one of its input
loops.

Haven't got any further, but now colorForth has a potential debuggable
development environment that also enables just about anyone to run colorForth
either from MS land or linux.

You can download an archive from:
http://modest-proposals.com/qemu-c4-800x600.tgz

Unpack it, change into the directory c4-800x600 and run the shell script
'qemu.sh'. After it boots to the DOS command line, run 'c4'. Adjust the
resulting 800x600 window to your needs and enjoy colorForth. Read the
accompanying text files for a listing of c4.com and qemu operation.

Regards,
Terry Loveall