RE: [colorforth] Question about displaying text

> John Drake wrote

> It's not clear to me what "source" and "s:"
> are doing.

"source" pushes value of edi -- pointer to source block in current
implementation -- onto stack; but your solution of using a variable is far
more elegant. Well, it relies on the fact that value of variables is stored
in the source :)

"s:" (used as immediate yellow word) "compiles" white words into ASCII for
subsequant output by Windows functions. It processes the tokens until color
changes, i.e., does not require you to specify number of tokens (which, as
to me, is more convenient).

X86 disassembler never worked, I did not have time and desire to finish it,
but I needed to output register names and mnemonics somehow, hence all those
words related to text output.

Happy new year to everyone!

BR,
Roman