Re: [colorforth] Working with Colorforth

Howerd here:

Hi Nick,

I have been unable to post  to the
colorforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx mail
list for a long time.

I tried to contact the webmaster, but with no effect.

I think it is to do with me changing my email client
and reply address
- I don't know what I registered as...

Maybe other people have this problem too, or maybe
its because
Intellisys has drained all of the colorForth
resources ;)

The John Comeau USB BIOS interface is tantalisingly
close to working.
He produced two versions, one that boots via a DOS
boot system (that
runs), and one that boots directly by using the BIOS
to read from a USB
flash disk, emulating a floppy (that doesn't run on
my hardware). John
says that the only difference in the binary image is
to do with the
type of boot (a value in the boot sector). The system
is probably one
bit away from booting and running from USB, but I
can't fix it without
re-doing all of John's work - installing assembler,
BOCHS or whatever,
Linux/Cygwin etc etc. I don't have time right now to
do that, so its on
my back burner...

At least I know now that we can access 16 bit BIOS
calls from
the 32 bit CF environment, in "unreal" mode.

I am reaching a point where I can do some more CF
work, so anything you
are doing is very interesting...

Best wishes,

Howerd  8^)