Re: [colorforth] A very good read: "Forth Enthusiasts are not all the same."

Quoting vaded@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> Of course I am going to have reread it several times
> and inquire further
> elsewhere before I can begin to understand what is
> really being said.
>
> Thank you Mr. Fox.
>
> http://www.ultratechnology.com/blog.htm

Nick here:  Always good to hear from Jeff. Re his blog
(above) I agree 100%.  As scientist or hobbyist, I have
been in the fortunate position to take months or years
if necessary, and learn only enough Forth to solve one
real problem (math modelling or hardware i/o) at a
time.
CF has delivered what I wanted, to near the limits of
my
500MHz Pentium PC, and I am looking forward to using
SeaForth chips when these come on the market.

Meanwhile, may I ask Jeff (quoting above blog):

Jeff says:  90% of my colorforth is simple, SEAforth
code.
Sound input? Great I have drivers.
Sound output? Great I have drivers.

Nick asks:  Would you mind posting those SEAforth
drivers sometime (if this is not too much to ask of a
very busy man) for the benefit of CF users?  I have
read the Intel manuals on High Definition sound for
Integrated Audio (as found on modern Pentium
motherboards) and have been assured that there are no
hidden initiation codes - so the SEAforth code might be
a useful supplement to help me (or someone more
knowledgable) to implement CF code for PC motherboard
audio.

Caritas,

Nick