Re: [colorforth] Booting from HDD

Hi Jason, I think my last release on sourceforge will boot from USB
but I don't have a jump drive to test it with. It ought to work
because it uses BIOS calls, and I think a USB boot will come up as the
"A" drive, but who knows what I might have overlooked...

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 5:30 AM, Jason Kemp <jason.kemp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mornin' all,
>
> Has anyone made a version of colorForth available that boots from HDD or
> from a USB flash drive?  I've seen the IDE driver on colorForth.com and
> the USB code on CF05, but I think these are cases of still booting  from
> floppy.  I'm just wondering if someone has changed the boot/kernel code
> already.
>
> My laptop is now becoming unreliable by rebooting itself every now and
> then and frequently refusing to read floppies.  I have another PC to try
> but it doesn't even have a floppy interface...  I know--I really should
> just go and find another old PC with a floppy and try that instead.
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

John Comeau <jc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> http://jc.unternet.net/
"A place for everything, and everything