Re: [colorforth] Intellasys question for Jeff Fox

Re this thread (24 May by gwenhwyfaer & reply 28 May by
JF)
I would just like to support gwenhwyfaer's interest in
c18 parallel
processor for music synth, and look forward to getting
my hands
on the music demo stick that Jeff mentions.  The offer
of free sample
vs purchase as evaluation board seems to me less
relevant than the
opportunity to increase the number of voices on my CF
synth program.
At present I get about 40 voices with on a 550 MHz
Pentium 4.
I hope to get at least 400 voices on a 3 GHz Dual with a
faster DAC;
cost of new equipment (PC + DAC + PCI card) around $700,
plus
wiring and installation time.  It would certainly have
been attractive
alternative, to simply plug into my old 550 MHz box one
of those
"chips with many c18 on them on flash drives with free
development
systems" that Jeff mentions - even if it were not given
away free
but sold as an eval board like the DAC & PCI above ($200
each).
Intellasys now show a picture of this eval device on
their website, so
I hope it will soon be available to the humble hobbyist.
 Then I
could see how it compares with something the best that I
can get
out of Intel using CF.

This is not a "Question for Jeff Fox" - just a posting
of my own
potential interest in using parallel CF.

Caritas,

Nick

A better world is not only possible but on the way.  On
a quiet day you can hear her breathing.  - Arundhati
Roy

****