Re: [colorforth] Where to find AGP details

Thanks Nick,

VBE3 looks quite manageable so I'll start there.

Jason

Nick Maroudas said the following on 10/09/2008 12:10:
Dear Jason,

For what it's worth, I found the Video Electronics
Standards Association (VESA) publication VBE3 very
useful.   VESA BIOS EXTENSION (VBE Core Functions
Standard  Version: 3.0).  If you use Linux, it has
words that reveal the video addresses.  Karig of CF
commentary fame had an appendix on the same website
which illustrates the use of VESA codes.  Also the great
Mark Slicker, who is no longer with us, has site with a
CFO1 that incorporates VBE core functions (I wish I had
access to Mark's site, to download that version; if
anyone can help?)

Sorry not to add more detail, but if any of the above
seems worth pursuing I would try to fill in specifics.
Certainly VDU has been the main cause of CF hardware
incompatability in my limited experience; as Chuck
wrote, you have to find that address.

Caritas,

Nick