Re: [colorforth] VirtualBox (was: if then else - but why is there no ‘else’ in colorForth?)

Quoting Jason Kemp <jason.kemp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>... " Hi Dave
>... " >> Does this work with the previous editions of
>... " CF?
[snip]
>... " Well, it didn’t seem to like CF05 at all.  Just
>... " a black screen.  I tried
>... " CF2a and that booted but the video is wrong and
>... " virtualbox gives a
>... " warning about running in 24bit colour (but this
>... " version is supposed to
>... " be 32!)
>... " Jason
>... "

Nick here: 24bit color actually (rgb is 3*8 as you can
see in Josh's disassembly of his "color32").  I don't
like to be pedantic, so didn't point this out until now
- but your exclamation mark indicates that (in the
finicky virtual world) even a little misinformation can
cause real distress to someone who is being plagued by
the bugs of software incompatibility. You're in good
company - the Okad team also call it 32bit color.

Caritas,

Nick

A better world is not only possible but on the way.  On
a quiet day you can hear her breathing.  - Arundhati
Roy

****