Re: [colorforth] What's new?

Activity seems to have shifted to the Intellasys site, where CF
will be merely one of several Forths for programming the
parallel chip. Ray StMarie is still managing a website, in
spite of difficulties.  Intellasys evaluation board looks
interesting for music making, but priced around $500 which is
twice the usual for an EV.  My CF music program has about 60
blocks of code and 200 blocks of music score (first 124 bars of
a string quartet).  It does what I wanted ie, plays in Just
Intonation through a 1 MHz DAC at higher sample rate than
commercial synthesisers, so my interest is at a crossroads.
Either put more programming effort into adapting my CF
programme to normal AC97 soundcards (which now run at nearly
0.2 M Hz, much better than their 40k Hz when I started this
project). Or buy the Intellasys EV and switch to parallel core
programming; a daunting prospect to this aged hobbyist.

But CF on PC has been fun, instructive and useful.

Caritas,

Nick

Quoting vaded@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

--