Re: [colorforth] What's new?

Hi Nick,
Activity seems to have shifted to the Intellasys site, where CF
will be merely one of several Forths for programming the
parallel chip. Ray StMarie is still managing a website, in
spite of difficulties.  Intellasys evaluation board looks
interesting for music making, but priced around $500 which is
twice the usual for an EV.
Is there a mail list or news group for that? I read the comp.lang.forth for a while but found there was too much spiteful hair-splitting and nothing of any real value so left that one (I wasn’t on it for long though so that might have been just a low season). Is there a group for Intellasys Forths and have colorForth folk migrated there?

I’ve just skimmed the VentureForth Programmer’s Guide and it looks nice, but no colour! So VF is a Forth equivalent of OCCAM? Is there a colorForth for these chips? I can see these would be great for your synthesizer. For me, I still want to master USB and TCP/IP, so Pentium colorForth still seems the best educational approach, although I was getting bogged down in the Pentium machine code which wouldn’t be a problem on an Intellasys chip.
But CF on PC has been fun, instructive and useful.
So far I have found it fun and instructive too, but I haven’t yet managed the ‘useful’!

Jason