Re: [colorforth] objects and forth

David J. Goehrig wrote:

> The way I typically teach programming to newbies, and reteach people
> who've acquired a theoretical education, is I start off with the bit, and
> move up from there.  By the end a few days, they've learned enough
> to do basic assembler.  I then work with them to build a C or Lisp or
> Smalltalk.  At that point, if they're willing I introduce them to Forth.

You might find this course interesting:

http://www1.idc.ac.il/tecs/

It is better known as "From Nand to Tetris in 12 steps". The authors
make some silly mistakes, like in their explanation of Harvard versus
Von Neuman architectures. And their machine language is more horrible
than I would like. But in general it seems to be a good course.

About the subject, I worked on hardware for OO Color Forth in 2001/2002
and so have an opinion about this. But it will have to wait until
tomorrow (Friday is more likely...).

-- Jecel