Re: [colorforth] Re: objects and forth

Dear Mathew,

I never liked the superficial glibness of Brodie. ("Execute" is
illustrated by a cartoon of a mediaeval executioner with an
axe!). As a scientist & hobbyist, with tenderfoot badge in Z80
assembly and hardware, I preferred "Advanced Spectrum Forth" by
Don Tomasson because it gave a memory map plus complete listing
of every word in sequence, starting with the undefinable ones
in assembly - like JUMP TO COLD ENTRY, PUSH DE.  The rest of
the learning process was just normal blood, sweat and tears -
no pain, no gain - but a lot of fun and insight in the process.
 Z80 Spectrum FIG was small enough to glimpse the whole picture;
and I hope CF will do the same for PC and whatever other
hardware CF will be ported to.

Caritas,

Nick

Quoting vaded@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: