No Subject

I lost the question about if you can make a PCMCIA to UVPROM
jumper at home.

The answer is:  Yes.  It is easy to do.  You can get PCMCIA header
from DIGI-KEY (HR801-ND) for $6.24 (1-800-digi-key), a 32pin dip
socket, and some wire and solder.  I can provide the schemetic.
They also have a 128k byte PCMCIA card for $70.50 (BN-128HMCE-ND)
from Panasonic, and one for $64.64 from Epson (LWB129SD20-ND) but
I have not tried either of these cards.  Up to a 1 meg card
can be used without adding any more address lines.  If you want
to use a 2Meg card you will have to run an extra address line
to the PCMCIA header.  And if you want to attach an i/o card
(not memory) you will need to run an i/o signal to the PCMCIA
header also.  I have not yet done either of these things.

I do not know how many PCMCIA cards or headers Dr. Ting has
in stock, he might have a few.

Jeff Fox