No Subject

Dear robbi,

>Hi everybody,
>
>I am a little bit puzzled about what MuP21 evaluation kits are availible
>from Dr. Ting. As far as I understood there is a PC-board version and a
>standalone version. Is the standalone version still availible? --- And what
>are the other differences?
>
>happy new year and misc. wishes
>

>robbi hoeller

There are only standalone boards available now.  There is an ISA bus
card in the works where MuP21 will sit on the PC bus.  But now
there are two cards, both stand alone.  The original card (there
were only a few) was the $1000 development system that I think
is now $500.  This board has a PCMCIA card socket and the "development
system" comes with a PCMCIA card.  It also uses 1Mx4 DRAMS which

will be more expensive than the simm on the new PCB.  The new
PCB is also stand alone.  The new PCB has a ROM socket instead
of a PCMCIA socket, and has aa DRAM simm instead of 5 1Mx4 chips.
The development system board used an 8255 for i/o and the new
board uses three chips, a 1 of 8 decode, latch, and buffer.
Both boards have an i/o connector for serial for parallel i/o,
and a video output line.  But neither of these boards goes into
the PC bus.

There should be an ISA bus board out before too long.

Does that make it more clear?

Jeff Fox