P21 benchmarking results

Dave Lowry writes:
>[...]
>CPU         Seconds
>486DX40     19
>P21/6Volts  30
>386DX20     35
>
>I was quite surprised at how well P21 did.  P21Forth is not as tweaked as
>UR/Forth, with many words still in high-level Forth.  When Jeff has time
>to CODE the line drawing routines, I'll revisit this benchmark.

I was initially disappointed, but then realized this P21 configuration
did not represent a fast P21 configuration.  Didn't Jeff just post an
estimate of 6 mips for the P21 kit configuration, and describe a memory
configuration for 100 mips operation?  Would this benchmark run in 2
seconds on that configuration?

I think it would be interesting to have the numbers for the benchmark with
line drawing for 2 reasons:

	Forth has faired well in the past against assembly code,

	For comparison with the CODEd drawing routines when available.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to quantify P21 operation.

--
Mark Walker                   | "There's no such thing as fast enough!"
mwalker@chama.eece.unm.edu    |       [Or something to that effect...]