P21/F21

and in another one Mark Walker wrote:

>Actually, I had decided to sit tight for the F21's debut, but got
>(re)excited by recent postings...

I think it's getting increasingly clear that the P21 will serve
mainly as a prototype evaluation chip, and that most people who
are thinking to develop for it are going to wait for F21 or P32.
I guess, so will I. Still I am overanxious to get may hands on a
P21Forth eprom in order to explore the '21 concept using my P21 kit.
As for an ideal hardware setup the 15 ns SRAM keeps popping up
frequently. So I guess an ideal setup will use a limited amount of fast
SRAM as well as up to 1 MB of DRAM. So probably future '21Forth
should make proper use of both, as well as the increased on-chip stacks
on the F21. Latter of which, BTW, I think would alone be worth waiting
for the F21.

Klaus Blass