No Subject

Raul Miller asks:

>(1) what's availability date currently look like for the F21?

We are scheduled to submit the design to Mosis on 5/24/95.  If
we do and there are no problems at Mosis, this would mean parts
back last week of July.   Mosis makes 24 parts.  I pay for 24
made, but do not have to get all 24 packaged.  Chuck has never
done testing on more than 8 parts, so since we don't know if
they will work or not we do not plan to package all 24.  That
saves about $1000.

>(2) what's it look like the price will be?

The price of what?  The first site unseen prototype chips?  The
ones in packages, or the naked die?  The die will be costing me
about $300 each at least at the Mosis counter.  Or are you
talking about production chips in quantity?  I saw a press release
today about a new chip out.  They were quoting large volume price
of $40 each in lots of 250,000.  F21 will be less.  How many
lots will you need?

Since we haven't even submitted yet, let alone know if they
work it seems a little early to ask price. If anyone wants
packaged prototype chips from the first run let me know before
we tell Mosis how many to package. :-)

>(3) what kind of accuracy does the A/D converter give?

What kind of accuracy? Digital of course.  The unit has six bits
of input and output at rates up to 14 mhz.  Above that rate I
don't know if you will get less accuracy or garbage, we will see.
Below that you can use oversampling techniques to get more bits
of resolution.  Linerity and signal to noise will have to be
measured.

>(4) any additional specs on the network interface yet?

Yes I posted some stuff earlier today.

Jeff Fox