NTSC/PAL

I am 'the Christophe who talked about PAL' on this MISC mailing list.
I bought a tri-standard NTSC/PAL/SECAM monitor especially for MuP21.
As it happened to work as well in PAL mode (colours are just more brown), I
have connected the MuP21 to a PAL/SECAM tv set, and it just works as well.

I'm working for INRIA, the main french research institute in computer science,
to develop the A3 (Algorithm Architecture Adequation) methodology and the
SynDEx software that supports it to optimize under real time constraints, the
implementation of signal processing algorithms on multi-component architectures
(such as multi-Transputers or multi-TMS320C40's or multi-RTX's or heterogeneous
architectures mixing ASICs, FPGAs and processors).  SynDEx also automatically
generates deadlock free SYNchronous Distributed EXecutives (whence its name)
supporting directly the optimized implementation, thus freeing the programmer
from the burden of writing and debugging the distributed code.

TRIO, a french company I'm also involved in, is collaborating with INRIA and
with Computer Cowboys to put together the A3 and MISC concepts.  Their combined
simplicity allow the design of mono or multi processors with low chip count and
minimal communication protocols, yielding reduced radiations and bottlenecks at
the level of inter-chip communications, but without the cost and complexity of
associative cache memories.  These architectures are expected to have a high
performance/cost ratio, particularly well suited for video signal processing
applications.

email: Christophe.Lavarenne@inria.fr		tel: +33(1)39.63.55.80
INRIA, Domaine de Voluceau Rocquencourt		Institut National de Recherche
B.P.105 - 78153 LE CHESNAY CEDEX FRANCE		en Informatique et Automatique