No Subject

With great trepidation I enter the benchmark flamefest...

Forth, and benchmarked P21 versus PCs.  The calculations are in 20 bit
fixed point (16 bit for PC), and consist almost entirely of matrix operations,
with lots of multiplications (one of P21's weak points).

I offer this benchmark not because I think it's important, only because it has
a scientific computation flavor.

Keep in mind that this benchmark also is comparing P21Forth (few CODE words)
with LMI UR/Forth (highly optimized).

P21 is generating video, and running from DRAM.  With no video and running
from SRAM, P21 should go 3 times faster.  But, I haven't measured that
configuration.

CPU        Seconds
P21/SRAM   10  *estimated*
486DX40    19
P21/DRAM   30
386DX20    35

Given the efficiency differences between P21Forth and LMI UR/Forth, it looks
to me like P21 *with video* is about 486DX40 class.

-Dave