Re: multi/tasking/processing

Penio Penev:
   My argument was much more trivial than that. If we have three tasks (in
   one group) and we have two state containers (register files), this doesn't
   buy us anything, since we have to swap the containers with permanent
   storage each time we make a switch.

Only for two of them.  This can be significant in an asymmetrical
situation.  Of course, if you have a fairly symmetrical collection of
processes, and a significantly larger number, the state containers are
likely to be rather worthless.

In the context of human thought and intelligence, I'd label this as
being related to "assignment of (or recognition of) importance".

--
Raul