Re: Taos paper (fwd) (long)

These people sure are modest, though I'm not sure if I really need to
buy a holy grail.

More to the point, this paper doesn't give a hint of how to design
properly for a taos system.  [e.g. what kind of time penalty does
message passing have?  Where's the tradeoff between "the complete Open
System" and "programs [that] can take advantage of special purpose
hardware to run specific objects?"

And, as with any sparkling new technology, I really want to know: how
is it being disseminated into the educational system?  Any industrial
"literacy requirement" which isn't supported by educators is going to
wither.

[Hmm... I suppose some of these comments might apply to misc as well.]

--
Raul