news

Dear MISC readers,

The MISC mail list has been very quiet for a while.  I have been too
busy to post some of the stuff going on out here.

If I have already posted some of this please forgive me, but
it will bring folks up to date.

P32 was submitted last month, and the flex circuit with bga mounting
is being prepared.  This P32 prototype fits on a "tiny" die (2.4mm sq)
and flip mounts to an MCM or flex circuit in this case.

A second F21 was sent to MOSIS last week as was the first I21 prototype.
This F21 has four of the five know problems fixed.  The composite
video output will not be available on this prototype, but
RGB outputs should be available so various NTSC, PAL and RGB formats
should be available in software for testing.

I am not yet sure which version of the composite video output circuit
F21 will get.  Chuck has been working on this.

Chuck has also changed the circuit simulator in OKAD.  He now
integrates current rather than voltage.  This allows better
simulation of things that change very slowly (by slowly
Chuck means NTSC composite video which is slow compared to
other things on the chip).

MOSIS will start offering a .5 micron service this summer.  And we are
also looking at Taiwan based prototyping and production for F21 in .5 also.

Meanwhile Dr. Ting has produced a new pcb for P21.  He is doing a
presentation on using 256kx4 drams with P21 next month at SVFIG.  He
showed a P21 running a GO game at last month's SVFIG.

Jeff Fox