Re[2]: Hardware/Software

As much as I would like to have a massively parallel MISC machine, I can't see
that it would hurt anything to sell several million Net computers to people who
don't care about programming. A cheap, speedy MISC Forth machine attached to a
keyboard, a floppy drive (like the kind used by electronic cameras?), a 1 1/2
inch hard drive, and the family TV could find a huge market. Wouldn't
grandparents foot the bill just to get email from the grandkids?

If the net feed is thru the cable TV, then the net machine could be built into
the cable box.

At any rate, I would like to have a MISC Forth machine even if it only has one
processor and some support chips.

Karl King
KingKE@Perkin-Elmer.com