Hardware/software:2

I have been reading your emails on variouse markets to develop for.  It
seems some people want one thing and others others.  Personally I find the
ideas about a web browser, a net machine very interesting, but I have good
news, there is room for all the ideas.

We can discuss the needs of each interested group one by one or have
simultaneous discuss in different strands.  The truth of the matter is that
some people can develop components for one application and others others
simultaneousely, the market is big enough for all of us (though not all
as much profit), we can all try to crack individual nuts in small groups.

So my next suggestion is that we can break down the format as:

(H)subject (S)subject (the H stands for Hardware developement and the S
software, the () are used to seperate this out (please let us know if this
conflicts with any file system), the subject is the subject area (embedded
controllers, Network, Parrallel Computing etc).  The purpose should not be
to suggest additions to Chucks design but to figure out how to design
components for the chips to satisfy these areas.

Remember that you can do this as a hobby or to make some profit by designing
designs for resale.  Also remember the suggestion in Hardware/Software about
making the components object like, because having a heap of components that
won't work with each other (or even having to be coaxed by the end user (PC
style)) is a bit useless and will lead to less people using them (stand
out).  I suggest if people are interested that they read the
Hardware/Software again and start on a stream that fits their area, reading
the other streams as somebody might be developing a solution to their
problem elsewhere, making the streams cover whole segments.  Otherwise a
good idea is to concentrate on cracking a few streams at a time (as in
cracking a nut).  I suggest that the embedded market be a good place to
start, maybe even Parralell computing etc.

So is anybody going to volunteer to kick off the (HS)embedded Cont stream
with a discussion on what additional features/components are needed for the
boards (followed by whats also desired)?  (This area is actually not my
prefered area (competition is thick and rooted), but it is a big market, and
advances in this area should relate to other areas that use
micro-electronics.)

Wayne Morellini
waynem1@cq-pan.cqu.edu.au