Re: The Hobbit

At 05:45 PM 3/12/96 +1000, waynem1@cq-pan.cqu.edu.au wrote:
>Sure I could go and get an ARM 7200 or future StongArm
>equivalent and archive half the cost, but such products wont provide a
>Spiritual homeland for forth and stack based architechers.

Since you're talking about 'stack based architectures': Does anybody
know what happened to the Hobbit, which is in my opinion the best
chip architecture ever. (From the viewpoint of a compiler writer. ;-)

Sorry, haven't been able to study the F's yet on the possibility
to 'mis-use' them by compiling C or any other 'seriously usable'
language for them...

Groeten,
Jaap

-- Chip Directory
-- http://www.hitex.com/chipdir/ - USA
-- http://www.xs4all.nl/~ganswijk/chipdir/ - Europe
-- http://www.eskimo.com/~cadfael/chipdir/ - Seattle, New!
-- Other international mirror sites from there...