Re:Misc Mailing List is Back

Eugene Leitl <Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de> wrote:
>On Tue, 8 Oct 1996, Wayne Morellini wrote:
>
>> Penio Penev <penev@venezia.rockefeller.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Well the amount of traffic has been almost minimal since about this time
>> last year.  I'm surprised there are that many people on the list, I thought
>
>Traffic? Which traffic?

A little bit begining of this year.

>> the list must have been dead from lack of interest.  I mean I have a number
>> of times quieried misc-request to see if it was still up, or that I had been
>> acidentally de-registered by the system due to no traffic.
>
>This is what I also thought.
>

>> So to spark some interest it would help if we got regular updates from the
>> people behind the processors p21, F-21, I21 (Yes I still know how to get to
>
>Indeed. I also, happen to be somewhat bitter about this lamentable lack
>of information on chip progress. I mean: FORTH is pretty exotic already,
>must this be further aggravated by lack of user support? With virtually
>no data sheets I can live with. But relying on on a single source, with
>no detailed information nor progress info forthcoming, while in dire need to
>choose a reliable hardware platform to develop a product? Scusi, but I am
>not mad. If this goes on for some more time, I have to choose an
>off-shelf embedded controller. My financers won't wait much longer.
>
>This will exclude the Forth option, but it will keept the product alive.

There are other Forth Processors the SC-32 from silicon composers, the
Harris RTX-200x is still available but only limited versions.  The Mup-21 is
a good concept and I can sell you my kit. The others we are still waiting
for, the Mup-21 execution has been reported to break after something like
100's of hours, but new packaging that was due soon this time last year and
apart from requests nothing else has really been said about it to my
knowledege, this packaging should fix a lot of problems, video resoluation
isn't great 384*2xx.  The F-21 and I-21 is supposed to be much better.

>> the page with I21 press release on Jeffs Web site that says it will be
>> available for licencing etc, despite the denial of ITV when I enquired,
>
>I think i21 won't, but F21 will (provided, I'll ever live to see it).

Like I21 like F-21, but wanted I21 type device.

>> despite Jeff removing the new pages a day or two after I origionally saw
>> them), and THE 32-BIT P32.  Announcements of products would be good too.
>
>Seconded fully.
>
>Eugene Leitl

Thanks Eugene.

Wayne Morellini