No Subject

Eugene Leitl wrote:
>- is the MuP21 $350 kit still available?

That kit is now $250.

>- how many days does one wait for delivery?

I mailed my order for the chip and manual on a Tuesday, and they
arrived the following Monday.

>Particularly, high absolute
>performance and excellent MIPS/Watt ratio as well as NOP power saving
>capability are very interesting, since mine is a mobile application
>demanding sophisticated power management.

I'm still not sure I've figured out why NOP gives the ability to save
power.  It seems to me that all you can do is lower operating voltage
to save power.  NOPs do nothing to save power, as far as I can see.

Does anybody know what an MuP21 does when it executes an invalid opcode?

The inversion of odd address and data bits is rather confusing.  If
I were to add inverters to the odd address pins and two-way inverters
to the odd data pins, then would ALL of the inversion mess go away?
Would I be able to program it and never have to XOR anything with
AAAAA or worry about the inversion stuff at all?

If I use the fast I/O space for 15ns sram hookup, and run a program
out of it (I know the program would have to be <1k), will the
program run faster, since it does not have to access relatively
slow dram?

If these issues have already been covered in this mailing list and
they're stored in the archive, I've had no time lately to read
them, so I apologize if these are repeat questions.

--Andrew Sieber
kd4jtv@bbs.wa4yse.ampr.org