Re: NOPs, odd bits, timings

At 03:37 PM 10/10/96 +0200, you wrote:
>Apropos Chuck: Christophe, do you know why all major players (Chuck,
>Jeff) have become so suddenly incommunicado? I must admit, I suspected
>something along the lines of "Hmm, we've got a great design (F21/I21), so
>let's make it entirely proprietary. If we keep still long enough, the
>topic of availability will go away with time all by itself". Of course, now
>that MISC is again up and running, this interpretation seems to have become
>insubstantial... has it?

Actually what Eugene and Christophe have been seeing is a case of everyone
involved with iTV being very busy right now.

<shameless plug>
As many of you may not be aware The iTV Corporation is developing and will
be selling consumer computer and networking products. Within the next few
weeks we will start making major announcements that will have the side
effect of improving availability to MISC technology and providing
mechanisms to support joint ventures and 3rd party developers.

While in the past these chips have been interesting laboratory curiosities
we have been working to make them commercially feasible. In addition to the
applications required for our products, we have created the development
tools and system software required so that a developer could consider using
one them on a equal basis with other commercial processors. With our
ongoing work to ensure reliable volume production availability of these
processors I believe we are about to see a major surge of interest in MISC
technology.

Currently we are expanding our development staff so if you are interested
or know of someone who is interested please have them send me a resume. We
need software developers (all levels), testers, system administrators, IC
designers, etc.
</shameless plug>

Joe

Joseph A. Zott